Originally known as Weeghman Park, Wrigley Field was built on the grounds once occupied by a seminary.
The Wrigley Field bleachers and scoreboard were constructed in 1937 when the outfield area was renovated to provide improved and expanded seating … the original scoreboard remains intact.
The original vines were purchased and planted by Bill Veeck in September 1937 … Veeck strung bittersweet from the top of the wall to the bottom, then planted the ivy at the base of the wall.
Wrigley Field added lights in 1988.
Chicago Cubs Official Site (Source of Facts Above)
Click on the pictures for a Bird’s Eye View or an Aerial View using Virtual Earth